If there is a company out there that fully understands how to build community and generate excitement among their fans, it has to be Starbucks. A couple weeks ago I received an email from them announcing that one of their seasonal signature favorites was about to be launched again. Let’s see, Fall is on the way. Have you figured out what it is yet?
Yes, Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Latte is back. But it is what they did with this campaign that truly rocks:
- They created a great product! It is a guilty pleasure for sure and I might have to break my diet to go get one.
- They quietly pushed this announcement out to their blog and email subscribers. It is timely, well targeted and they kept the offer exclusive.
- They made their fans feel special. Here’s the key to this whole thing. Many businesses will offer up a coupon or some asinine deal to get people in their doors. Starbucks didn’t do this. They simply leveraged the power of their product and fan base. For one day, their fans get exclusive access to their favorite product. No deals. Just a wad of cash for Starbucks.
Here are a few questions for you:
- Do have signature items that your customers care about?
- Have you ever tried seasonal signature items?
- Are you giving your fans special access to these items?
- How are you using social media to tease and have fun with your fans?