Starting Monday, I will be starting a series of posts that online the basics of small business marketing. The framework for this will be fairly simple. I intend to explain how small businesses can simplify their marketing strategy and streamline their marketing for both efficiency and cost effectiveness.
The content will be there to help small businesses:
- Focus on strategy
- Develop solid business goals
- Identify who their target market is
- Get their team involved early on to build momentum and support
- Differentiate in meaningful ways
- Provide consistency across all of their marketing platforms, whether in print, in store or online
- Market themselves on a limited budget
- Share references to great resources, both print and online
- Create a digital media strategy
- Find meaningful ways to measure success
The ideas behind this come from work I have been involved in both with my daytime job and some side projects, as well as the research I have conducted on the side.
Once completed, I will make the whole thing available as a free ebook.
Along the way to creating all of this, I will continue to share my personal experiences and book reviews as I have done in the past. To help you better distinguish the content, everything related to this project with begin with SBM 101 (small business marketing). I look forward to your comments and input as I move forward with this project.