As always, thanks so much for all of your efforts and hard work. You are working for a great cause and you are making a difference – no matter how small it might feel at times, you are making a difference. That’s what we are here for. Keep up the good work.
Several of us have noticed that many of the emails you have been sending out as of late have been using ASAP in your subject line or the body of your message. In fact, it seems that we have an epidemic of ASAP around our company. We love doing everything possible to make sure our team has everything they need to get their jobs done; however, when people start prioritizing their work ahead of others with ASAP and do so repeatedly, ASAP just doesn’t matter any more. We are kinda at that point now.
Please take this the right way – we also have jobs that require us to get an insane amount of work done. We will continue to do everything we can to help you out as soon as we can. However, with all of the ASAPs that are floating around, we have to prioritize. Here’s how we are going to handle all email from now on:
- We will take all requests in the order they come in.
- If you planned and let us know what you needed in advance, we will put your requests at the top of our to-do list.
- If you didn’t plan and did not notify us in advance, your email will go to the bottom of our to-do list.
- If your ASAP is legit, we will do everything in our power to make things happen.
- If your ASAP isn’t legit (yes, we can tell), we will automatically place your ASAP-laden email two days behind everything else we have to get done.
We are sorry to do this. As you know, all of us have big priorities and with the demands we face (especially in today’s economy) it seems as though everything is now a priority. We all have work to do and, though it might feel that your work is the priority of the moment, there are others in our company that also need to get their work done. We will continue to offer the amazingly quick and responsive service that we have always done, but it looks as though we will have to help a few of you reprioritize your work for you.
Once again, thanks for everything you do. We love the effort you put into your projects and the many great ideas you have shared with our team.
Us (everyone who receives your ASAPs)